Saturday 1 March 2008

Grumpy, Sleepy, Dopey and Sneezy

Okay, so I've got four of the Dwarfs down today and am working on getting at least two of them in; Bashful is not something that most could pin on me but I need to see Doc so I can be Happy again.

I've had a migraine for the last four days which is making me Dopey. The meds have made me Sleepy. The wet weather is bringing Sneezy into the mix. And finally, enter Grumpy. Grumpy is here because, not only am I in pain, but I also had to go into town today. There, I encountered people. Lots of stupid ones in large groups. It seems that when they gather, it's a requirement for them to spread out and block the way of others thereby prohibiting them from getting down the aisles in the supermarket, on the sidewalks (or footpaths, as known here in the UK), or into doorways of shops. I'm not a violent person by nature, but these folks were doing my head in and I was on the verge of bowling a few of them over in my quest for pain relievers. "Excuse me" wasn't working. "Pardon me" went unnoticed. I finally decided a light shove would do...so I did. It worked.

The bright spot in my day was at the charity shop where I found the coolest vintage ceramic coated pot, two Pyrex pie dishes, a La Parfait glass jar, and two lovely green drinking glasses that will probably become home to some of my knitting supplies. I'll post photos later when I can handle the light from the flash...

No comments: